Bogart Gains Some Ground, and a Point

I’m pleased (and somewhat puzzled) to share that my Bogart theme has done far better than I ever expected it would. To me, it’s just one of those “kind of there” themes compared to some of the awesome designs that have shown up on the WordPress scene as of late.

Even still, it’s managed to find its way onto a few favorites lists recently — which is kind of neat. To those who’ve included me on your lists; I’m honored & humbled to be included among so many other talented theme authors. Thanks for the props.

Naturally, due to this notoriety, I’ve been motivated to fix some of the niggling little inconsistencies that bugged me — most of those being with the sidebar widgets. I think I’ve managed to get most of the little quirks ironed out, and it looks much nicer when using widgets than it did. I’ve decided to officially release my latest changes as version 0.6, which can be downloaded from the Bogart page. Go grab it now if you use it.

I’ve also set up a SVN repository on Google Code to manage the project. The latest trunk can be anonymously checked out at this link. You’ll always be able to get the latest changes (be they good or bad) there.

And finally, to top it off, I plan to set up a separate sub-domain (bogart.jimmitchell.org) in order to let the public get a feel for the theme in action. That’ll be sometime next week — maybe. We’ll see what my schedule turns into over the next few days. Um, make that today, because I’m just funny that way. If I don’t get it off my mind, it’ll drive me nuts until I do.

Comments

1. says

Hey, I still love the theme! There aren’t too many WordPress Themes that are clean, simple and pleasing to the eyes as this one. Good luck with setting up a separate sub-domain. :)

2. says

@Susan; Thanks for the kind words — and including it on your list to begin with. Naturally, I couldn’t wait, so the sub-domain is already up and running. Enjoy!

3. says

Thanks for putting this together. I love the look. I had some weirdness with the “Share this” plugin on its default settings (it was showing up twice under each entry) but changing a “true” to “false” in those settings cleared things up nicely. Keep up the good work!

4. says

Thanks, Durf.

You just reminded me that I need to put that in the read me file. For those who use the “Share This” plug-in, you should set the “@define(‘AKST_ADDTOCONTENT’, true);” variable to “false” to prevent the Share This link from showing in the body of the post, as well as the meta area.

5. Sue says

Jim, this is anything but a “kind of there” theme. It’s clean and crisp and I like it very much.

I also like your Plain Jane and the feature of ‘wide pages’ it has. Is there a way to do that with Bogart?

Bogart is a lovely theme. Thanks.

6. says

@Sue – I’ll be sure to add the wide page the next time I work on the theme. Don’t know why it never occurred to me.

It won’t be too hard to do at all. Thanks for the input & the good words!

Trackbacks