- Fix bug clearing font caches on 10.4 and earlier systems introduced in 2.8.0 release.
- Rebuilt as Universal binary for PPC users.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the main window from opening for Lion and Mountain Lion users.
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion compatibility.
- Add paths for Apple sandboxed app container cache files.
- Prevent unexpected system reboot on blank password error.
- Fix nag screen progress bar to redraw properly if displayed more than once in a launch.
- Update copyright year in Info.plist.
- Addressed an issue where Yasu would not remove user cache files that had incorrect permissions.
- Changed how Yasu logs errors so they’re easier to find in the log file (at the very end now).
- When Yasu does log errors, the application will perform the final steps (restart, shut down, etc.) after user has dismissed the error notification panel.
- The Cancel button on the run panel now disables as tasks are being performed, and re-enables between tasks.
- Other small code factoring.
- Fixed a bug introduced in the Lion release that prevented the app from quitting when the main window was closed. (credit to Dr. Smoke – http://www.thexlab.com)
- Lion (OS X 10.7) Compatibility
- Excluded “~/Library/Safari/LocalStorage/” path from browser history cleaning for OS X 10.6 since Apple stores pertinent info there now.
- Added additional system kernel cache cleaning routines.
- Added additional Safari History cache cleaning routines.
- Changed to Sparkle Update Engine v1.5
- Other minor UI tweaks
- Recompiled to run on OS X 10.4 PPC machines.
- Finally moved Firefox favicon removal to the favicon removal routines.
- Removed the implied “Safari” only reference for favicon removal.
- Failure to clear all system & browser cache files if there were an overly large number of files to be removed.
- Adding the “-r” (recursive) switch to the reset launch services option for Snow Leopard which was mistakenly omitted.
- Fixed an issue where the maintenance preferences were not being written to disk when Yasu was quit.
- Other minor UI fixes and code factoring.
- Added browser cache, history and cookie removal routines for Google Chrome.
- Addressed a rare issue that caused the “Reset home permissions” option to fail on some systems.
- Fixed the “
Error number: 2 - sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file” error some users have been reporting.
- Updated reset launch services for better Snow Leopard compatibility.
- Rewrote cache removal routine. Allows removing large number of files, and logs exactly which files are being removed.
- Added Flash Cookie removal as part of “Remove cookies” option.
- Final updates and changes for Snow Leopard (10.6) compatibility.
v2.6.3 RC1 (305)
- Added updates and changes for Snow Leopard (10.6) compatibility.
- Added Firefox 3.5 history removal.
- Fixed bug that caused errors when trying to delete a large number of browser cache files for both Safari & Firefox.
- Fixed Tiger only bug introduced in changes made to “Clear system logs” routine.
- Updated Safari cache & history clearing for latest versions (3.2.x & 4.0.x).
- Added back “lsregister” command as part of Reset Launch Services for appropriate systems (Tiger/Leopard).
- Update/add new log file paths for Leopard.
- Other small under-the-hood tweaks and fixes.
- Minor fix to Traditional Chinese Localization that was causing crash at startup when trying to set Sparkle update preference.
- changed “done” sound to aiff from wav since it was freaking out some machines
- made “done” sound toggleable via “defaults write”…
- Sound on:
defaults write com.jimmitchelldesign.yasu PlaySound -int 1
- Sound off:
defaults write com.jimmitchelldesign.yasu PlaySound -int 0
- Sound on:
- changed doNSTask() routines to doShellScript() to fix spurious keychain corruption issues
- fixed French localization (missing/incorrect strings)
- added additional DARWIN cache paths
- fixed archived log removal paths where applicable to Tiger/Leopard
- changed references of “jimmitchell.org” to “jim mitchell design” in help
- added routine to change name of “com.jmo.yasu.plist” to “com.jimmitchelldesign.yasu.plist”
- changed links in software from “jimmitchell.org” to “jimmitchelldesign.com”
- added Sparkle.framework for better update checks
- removed “curl” based application update checking
- disabled user preferences related to curl based update checks
- Minor fix to keychain closing method to prevent app crash on faster machines when restarting/shutting down
- Added DNS cache flush to browser history
- Added cache & temp file removal to system domain for /private/var/folders/ specific to Leopard
- Update reset launch services for Leopard
- Changed/updated many paths that were shared, Tiger only, and/or Leopard only
- Locks all keychains before restart, shut down and log out to hopefully prevent spurious reports of keychain corruption
- Fixed Safari Favicon removal issue.
- Fixed Safari History index removal.
- Added new French translation (thanks to Ronald Leroux).
- Added additional user font & cache cleaning specific to Leopard (thanks to Tom Neveu).
- Added credit for Italian localization by Giovanni Gualeni to help files.
- Removed unnecessary pages from help file.
- Fixed a condition that would prevent the indeterminate progress indicator of the status window from animating in Leopard (10.5).
- Updated how periodic scripts get run due to changes made in Leopard.
- Yasu still runs on Tiger (10.4), and is fully compatible with Leopard (10.5).
- Fixed a condition that would cause an error when a user’s home directory resides on a different partition than the system, and the home directory is protected by FileVault.
- Many under the hood optimizations for faster and more reliable performance.
- Update prebinding no longer requires a restart.
- Added cache paths for Firefox, and fixed a couple of paths pertaining to Safari.
- Fixed an issue where non-standard characters in registration name would not allow the application to properly store registration info.
- Added time-out to version checking.
- Registration validation for improperly entered registration info.
- Disabled the donate menu once Yasu has been registered.
- Fixed authorization window UI issue that would allow it to be closed and cause Yasu to get stuck.
- Fixed a bug in the “Reset home permissions” option that would pop up if the User Cache folder was already empty, or didn’t exist.
- Changed the version checking option to be off by default on a new installation for those who still use dial-up.
- Fixed a bug that would cause an AppleScript error to be thrown when app closed main window while still trying to write to preferences file.
- Changed nag behavior to hassle unregistered users at every run (sorry).
- Addressed an issue related to swap file removal while a “Previous System” was still on the machine.
- Corrected a path related to Reset Launch Services which was causing the task to not do anything.
- Removed all keychain storage functions. Keychain Scripting is just too flakey.
- Fixed an issue with keychain access on slower machines with a large number of keychain items.
- Corrected a bug that would cause an error in freshly created accounts where ‘~/Library/Logs/’ didn’t already exist.
- Added Italian localization.
- Complete rewrite (again).
- New options added, new preferences and behaviors.
- Many UI enhancements.
- Nearly every suggestion or request has been added.
- Too many new options to mention here.
- Fixed an issue with Intel machines that would prevent PPC based apps from launching after running Yasu.
- Added Danish localization
- Other minor tweaks.
- Built as a Universal Binary.
- Fixed authentication issues brought about by changes in the Apple Security Update 2005-009.
- Fixed a minor bug that prevented browser cookies for Safari to not be deleted.
- Added a few new System Cache cleaning routines that are specific to Tiger.
- Fixed minor issue where Yasu would not quit if the main window was closed. This fixes a bug that would result in an AppleScript error when trying to open the preference sheet if the main window did not exist.
- Corrected authentication issues that prevented the periodic tasks from running as the real “root” user.
- Fixed an application prebinding issue that would result in an error for some configurations, or prevent it from running completely.
- Changed the preference storage method, fixing a bug that would not properly write changes to the .plist file.
- Changed UI from brushed metal to aqua.
- Fixed a couple of broken links in the help file.
- Rewrote several routines to allow for Tiger compatibility, which made it no longer compatible with systems prior to 10.4.
- Fixed a minor bug that would cause the application to eliminate it’s own log file.
- Also tweaked a few interface elements.
- Fixed issue with authentication field not getting focus when panel opened.
- Also mapped the
key to remaining “Cancel” buttons.
- Fixed a minor bug with log archive removal for console app logs. Directory structure is different between Panther and Jaguar.
- Total rewrite, adding many new options, refining code and new help file.
- Changes are too numerous to list here.
- Rewrote many routines from the ground up.
- Consolidated authentication operation to be more secure and better integrated.
- Also added Panther multi-user notification option for admins.
- Removed ‘reboot’ option for non-admin users since it was unnecessary.
- Changed reboot method to fix a bug relating to Apple’s System Events.
- Internal code optimization and addressed how a workstation gets rebooted to be more graceful.
- Minor UI tweaks to accommodate non-admin user operation.
- Finally figured out the Jaguar blank admin password issue and fixed it.
- Added non-admin account access to the “Clear user cache” and “Clear internet cache” options without the need to authenticate
- Fixed preference reading bug for first time users when changing the “Update prebinding” or “Clear system cache” switches.
- Added option to clear out archived log files.
- Fixed bug in main window “action” button that would cause AppleScript error if user clicked button while Yasu was counting down for reboot.
- Also changed behavior of button once all tasks are run.
- Fixed bug in the way authentication handled blank administrator passwords.
- Fixed bug creating log file if the path “~/Library/Log” does not already exist.
- Added an application log (~/Library/Logs/Yasu.log) with menu items to open and clear it.
- Interface enhancements to require a reboot if the ‘Clear system cache’ or ‘Update prebinding’ options are selected in the main and preference windows.
- Combined the ‘Safari’ cache removal with the ‘internet’ cache removal and removed that option from the UI.
- Added “rm -rf /private/temp/*” to system cache removal routines.
- Removed internet cache removal for Camino, Mozilla & Netscape due to how the apps store their caches which caused some users troubles. Will work on reinstating the options better in a later build.
- Added internet cache removal for Camino, Mozilla & Netscape Navigator.
- Added internal error checking.
- Added user preferences to define preferred default tasks at launch.
- Minor help file, interface and read me document tweaks.
- Moved authentication field from the main window to its own panel.
- Implemented simple built in Help file.
- Added ‘user’, ‘internet’ & ‘Safari’ cache cleaning routines.
- Revised “reboot” code.
- Application icon tweaks.
- First public release.
- Added application icon resource.
- First (lame-o) build.